WHY STUDY BUSINESS ENGLISH?
The Business English course is specifically designed for students who want to boost their confidence in English speaking and improve their business communication skills to meet the daily challenges, when working with international clients.
We provide trainings that will help students in expanding their English vocabulary. It will also improve their ability to write and speak English for both professional and social interactions. Students will have the opportunity to learn the terminologies and skills that can be applied to business negotiations, written reports and emails, telephonic conversations, and professional presentations.
Students enrolling for the Business English course will have a variety of reasons for studying in an English speaking country which include:
- A step towards studying in Australia at a higher level
- Obtaining international experience while improving Business language skills
- Becoming more culturally sensitive in a globalised work environment
- Assisting in their current employment
The objective of the Business English course is to provide students with an understanding of business related issues and connecting English language components. The course is specifically designed for students who want to boost their confidence in speaking and improve their business communication skills to meet the daily challenges, when working with international clients.
The core focus of the course is on business communication however, the students will also acquire skills to meet the challenges of using English in the business world and adjust in a multicultural work environment.
At the conclusion of the Business English Course, participants should be able to:
- Use vocabulary and grammar through a variety of English communication tasks and activities
- Practice speaking and improve pronunciation by participating in real business scenarios such as welcoming clients and making telephone calls
- Participate in role-plays of work situations such as giving business presentations, attending team meetings, liaison with internal and external clients
- Improve essential skills and techniques to negotiate in the workplace
- Use successful marketing techniques (strategies, face to face, telephone etc.)
- Speak more fluently and accurately in English
Who should attend the Business English Course?
The course is focused to the new entrants in the global business environment, who require a broad orientation in the industry. Other entrants are those who wish to extend their business skills and gain recognition for previous experience. Lastly, this course is ideal for entrants who wish to study business at a certificate IV level or above and wish to obtain a qualification as Business English will provide them with the right foundation.
New entrants may include but are not limited to:
- Those interested in expanding their career in a globalised marketplace
- Those wishing to be trained to gain employment overseas or in their country of origin
- Those who have completed other English language courses and now wish to concentrate on a specialised area
Non-native speakers of English almost always enrol into the Business English course as a means of demonstrating suitability for working in a global work environment in their country of their origin.